Some of the recent comments reminded me that I've only been writing about the crappy stuff lately. Mostly, I think, it's because this crap stuff is so shocking to me. I mean, my students' issues, the general idiocy of institutional politics and regulations, and my tangle with the law are not what I've become accustomed to.
So, some of the good things:
- 70% of my meals cooked by Jay, often with leftover privileges granted.
- Both time and money enough to indulge in my reading and knitting habits. Seriously - since September I've knitted 8 1/2 scarves, 2 hats, and a sweater. Read upwards of two dozen books, plus listened to a handful of books on tape.
- A ridiculously nice sex life. (perhaps too much info, but you'll live.)
- Parents who only scarred me for life in interesting ways, and not in ways that left me crippled in any sense.
- Siblings who understand what it is like to deal with our parents.
- Internet access, my link to the outside world.
- My 3rd year of NaNo, progressing in a respectible manner, if a few thousand words behind schedule.
So while I may mention the outrages and headbanging idiot bits more often, things are pretty damn good in my life, and I do count my blessings daily.