And Jay and I have pretty much decided not to have a wedding after all. We had been thinking about having a celebration in October this year, but then we stopped to think about it and...
1. Neither of us really care one way or the other.
2. We were going to do it for our families, but they haven't expressed much interest one way or the other, either. My mother, bless her heart, indicated that she didn't think anyone from the extended family except one or two people would even bother to come.
3. We were also going to do it for the sake of seeing friends and family, but how much time do you really get to spend with any one person at a wedding type thing? We'd rather host people for a weekend or something.
4. Everytime we travel for a wedding it costs us about $1000 or more. Why inflict that cost on friends and family?
5. If we have a wedding, people might think they need to give us presents and we have nowhere to put stuff.
6. Wouldn't it be more relevant and interesting to wait until we have a kid or a house or something?
Yeah, we're just romantic like that. So. Barring alien intervention, no wedding party for us. Crushing, I know.