Tips on Becoming Invisible
The process is really much easier than you might think. Just try these easy steps:
1. Move across the country with your spouse or significant other.
2. Move for his or her job.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, obtain full time employment.
4. If you work part time, make sure it is in a place where you have little to no daily contact with other adults.
5. Do not play team sports.
6. Make sure that your neighbors or other acquaintances are all either older than your parents, or else are themselves the parents of young children.
7. Currently have no children of your own.
8. Do not enroll in any degree programs.
9. Do not be a member of any of the organizations known as churches. (On account of the flames...)
10. Have many hobbies that you enjoy doing by yourself. Reading, writing, painting, knitting, etc. all work well.
Following those simple ten methods to both eliminate opportunities for visibility and to remove your motivation for active change should allow you to drift into near total obscurity.
(No, I still haven't heard back from that school. But then again, neither has anyone else who's applied for any of the half dozen open positions there... so.)