Wednesday, January 15, 2003

What is it about weddings... that seems to make me sick? Actually, I'm sure it's just the fact that I have to fly and I pick something up from the recycled air on the planes, but honestly, I could do without. Devan's wedding was beautiful and I wouldn't have missed it for the world, of course. They got married up on stage at the Detroit Opera House -- where Elizabeth works -- and not a single mention of God in their ceremony. Not that I particularly object to God, but after the last wedding we went to, where the bride and groom seemed to take a back seat to the big guy... well, let's just say I believe in balance.

Anyway, I'm now coughing, hacking, miserably not healthy. And to make things more fun, while I was gone the other assistant manager was fired for sexual harrassment -- a totally BS charge made by two women, one of whom was on the verge of being fired, and the other of whom is one of those people desperately in need of attention. Yes, Darren has a tendency to make little comments, calling people sweetheart and even, yes, "lovemuffin", but honestly, anyone who can't see how ridiculous it is to interpret that anyway except that he's got the maturity level of a five year old... I think it's sick what happened. Sick sick sick sick sick.

I, and one of the other women I work with have experienced real, damaging sexual harrassment. This didn't even come close. This was a case of two women who had a grudge against a man, taking comments that were never intended on a sexual level to bring him down whle elevating themselves. I'm so pissed it almost makes me forget the pounding, cough headache I have.

Alrighty, I'm going to focus on happier things now before I make myself worse.

I feel like a moose is standing on my shoulders... blech

No comments: