Friday, January 31, 2003

Two in one week? Gasp! I'm quite shocked, finding myself back here before a week has passed. Well... maybe not shocked after all. I've been itching to get to writing again. This, despite the fact that I have absolutely no time to do so. Unless I quit reading 3 books a week and all those webblogs and the ebay listings and the Sunday Comics and crossword puzzle... but we all know that's just not going to happen. So what I think I will do is start sketching out what I want to write, so that when I do force myself to take some time, I will not just stare blankly at the screen for hours on end.

Deceptively simple little plan. Sigh. I'd like to make it work, but I still haven't gotten around to digging up my OS 9 so I can access all my writing from the last 3 years. Which, by the way, includes a 125,000 word fantasy novel and 30,000 words on a... I guess suspense thriller is the best catagory for it, but since it is mine it includes a wee smidge of slapstick and plain old in-your-face absurdity. I miss them, but I am stuck.

More thoughts on the new boss: My old boss says he thinks she will last 3 weeks. I have a slightly varying opinion. I think she will last two months in her current state and then will either mellow the frik out or will run screaming from our evident mediocrity. I still don't like her. I'm not sure it's possible to like her. No one else in the building can stand her. I know this because they all told me. I do'nt even have to ask. They come up, ask "So, what you you think of your new boss?" and I say, "I don't know yet, but..." and they just jump right in with what they think. And it ain't good. No sireebob. I talked to Jen, my boss's boss, about my doubts. She said that "J" had a lot of energy and we'd milk it for as long as possible. I think that Jen may have doubts as well. I understand that there weren't a lot of qualified applicants, so it may have been a case of chosing the lesser of many evils.

All I have to say is - We Shall See.

No comments: