Monday, March 24, 2003

Still here

I've just been in a reading phase - 4 books a week. It would be more, but I have other things to do, like working, showering, talking to Jay... I also have a lot to say but my mind is feeling mushy and I can't quite put it all together.

I have two more shifts remaining at the hotel. Tonight and Wednesday night. Friday morning I'm going to head down to the Grand Canyon to visit with the remnants of my old crew down there and also to get in some good highway therapy. Honestly, driving along at 65+ mph for extended periods of time relaxes me big time. If the weather cooperates, I may even take the hike down to Phantom. Phantom Ranch, that is. At the bottom of the Canyon.

I still don't have a job. I turned down the receptionist position at Youth Care because I don't think I really want to hop back into a full time job right away. I don't think the 9-5 gig would go well with student teaching in the fall either.

Alrighty - I really must run - too many errands overdue. BUT I intend to speak soon on the subject of the name Dave and why men named Dave or David should be avoided in most cases... it's an old story, but still valid in this day and age. Ha.

No comments: