Monday, September 29, 2003

Ooh, eeeh, aaah, Owwww

So. Jay got home Saturday night, but I didn't get home from work until midnight... We got up at 8 - I had about 5 or 6 hours of sleep - and after Jay had 3 breakfasts (muesli with bananas, eggs and toast, and a giant plate of left over veggie fried rice) we finally hit the road.

Went up Big Cottonwood canyon and took the Dog Lake trail up to the ridge. The aspen are spectacular - most of them turn gold, but there are varieties that go orange and gold. Granted, not quite on par with NY/PA maple trees in the fall, but as beautiful as I've seen here in Utah. Nicest part was, we went a bit off trail to get to the peak, couldn't see a sign of civilization for 360 degrees. A mere half hour drive from the city... this is why I converted to liking this odd place.

I sense that I'm not as coherent as usual, but that might be due to the fact that I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Had to get up at 5:30 to be at work by 7. There are disadvantages to working up the hill. Especially with the construction... takes about an hour. Blech.

So sleeepyyyyy.

CLUNK (sound of head hitting desk...)

No comments: