Thursday, September 08, 2005

Note

As I read through the usual blogs, I see that most, if not all, have commented in some way on Hurricane Katrina.

I made my comment by donating to the Red Cross.

As I have never been to New Orleans, never experienced a hurricane of any size, never worked in a rescue organization, never tried to communicate with and transport large numbers of people, never lost everything I own, etc. I simply don't feel qualified to express an opinion on what is going on now. I've rarely expressed anything political here and I don't intend to change that.

My heart goes out to the survivors and rescuers working in the Gulf Coast now. Good luck. I'm hoping for the best.

EDIT: I found this link from Holly's site. It's a donation collection plan coordinated by a bookstore in Maryland and Nora Roberts. Looks like a good one.

No comments: