Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Words fail me

I'm so disappointed with the way things went at work today, I can't even wrap my mind around it. I gave my list of things that I was hearing and seeing at work with the new "boss" to HR yesterday. She promised to get back to me before the end of the day. Well... she came in after I did and left before I did, so she never did get back to me.

Today when I came in to work, I was dragged into a "little meeting" with J&J and HR. J1 let me know that it's not my place to tell Joyce what her job is, nor how she should do it. I should support her because she needs me to. The problem is... and I think this might be the key to it... J2 (the pseudoboss) does not listen. I told her that when I let her know about a problem, I don't want to hear 50 excuses as to why that problem is not taken care of, or why it exists in the first place - I only want to hear "thanks, I'll take care of it". I think she might have almost understood what I was talking about.

However, I'm still keeping an eye out for other jobs. I sent out one resume/cover letter for a job listed in the paper. I haven't heard back, but it's only been 2 days.

I'm not going to jump without something better to jump to, though. I'm still at the point where I can be picky about my next job. Things aren't that bad. I suppose. I just feel very disrespected and dismissed. I'm extremely disappointed with today's "meeting". I acted as I thought was right. I only regret that I forgot that HR works for the company and not for the employees. Oops. Won't make that mistake again.

Anyway. Bedtime.

No comments: