Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Slog slog slog

Well, the good news is that I talked to one of the secretaries at the USOE (Utah State Office of Education), because lord knows that secretaries are the ones who really run things, no matter what the business. She told me that my license had been issued last week, but she wasn't sure if it had been mailed yet. She said she would follow up with that and if it didn't show by the end of the week to give her a call back.

So. If the District office looks in their computer records, it will show that I am licensed to teach secondary ed in the state of Utah. Unfortunately, the private tutoring companies don't have that access. So. I'm hoping that the paper will appear in my mailbox very very soon.

But other than the minor inconvenience of not being fully employed (the money issues), the break from "full time" work has been nice. I put full time in quotes because I wasn't really full time last term either. But close enough. So I get to sleep in every other day for at least another week... then I should put in to start subbing on my off days... and get back to the Sylvan people about evening tutoring, as well.

In the meantime, I'll just keep reading through my mountain of books from the library, writing as much as I can, and perhaps even finishing up with my painting project that I started last summer... oh, and going to the gym, too. The goal for this year is to shrink my ass by a third. I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments: