Saturday, July 12, 2003

Give me passion

For the Blogsnobbers out there, and for anyone else who lists a description of their blog with the purpose of having other people read it -- if you put the words "Bored" or "Boring" in your description, you can rest assured that I won't be wasting my time by clicking the link.

As a general rule - so general that it's practically cliché - people who are bored are boring. Granted, you can be unchallenged in your current environment: situationally bored, if you will. But if when you think of yourself one of the first five words that pops into your head is "bored", then you gots problems, honeybun.

I don't want to know what you did all day - unless you can spin some humor on it. I don't want to know what you ate for breakfast - unless it will make me want it, too. (Or gross me out, or make me laugh, anything but make me yawn.) I don't want to know what you are packing for your trip - unless it includes a blowup doll or the teddy bear your baby sister gave you when you went away to college.

Show me how you see the world. Show me what's funny, what's ridiculous, what's sad, stupid, borderline illegal, fricking wacked, etc. Tell me what you like to read. (I always need new authors to try.) What breaks your heart? What makes you roll your eyes? What do you hope for -- what gets you up in the morning? What do you hate more than anything else in your world? Who do you love?

I want to laugh at your funny stories, cry at your tragedies, roll my eyes at your foolish co-workers, or groan at your terrible jokes. (Which are, naturally, the best kind.) So what I'm saying here is... Passion, people. Give me passion!

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: