Friday, August 03, 2007

Still Here

Been a hectic week or so. We found a house we intend to make an offer on, had friends visiting from out of town, have friends leaving town unexpectedly for a new job in Virginia, had a job interview for a newly created position at the college, been working at the yarn shop, been knitting, been reading...

Hmmm. Looking at that list, no wonder I haven't posted in a while.

The job interview went well. I'm one of their top two candidates out of 56 people who applied. The other guy interviews on Monday, and I should know about the job by the middle or end of next week.

We'll officially put the offer on the house after I know about the job, just for peace of mind sake, though we will still offer on the house even if I don't get the job. It's a little farther north than we had originally intended to look, but it's the first house we've seen that I felt at home in. It has views, three bedrooms, good light, a separate garage/workshop, about 3 acres, and in a quiet neighborhood that's really only about 5-10 minutes from the interstate, and 5 miles either direction to two good kayaking lakes.

Things might continue to be quiet around here until the next week or two play out, but I will be sure to update as I get new information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on all of it, Kate.

A house is a big step, but one that's well worth it.

Can we know more specifics about the potential new job?

Anonymous said...

Yikes! No wonder you haven't posted... good luck on the job, the house, EVERYTHING!

kate said...

Thanks.

Dev - I'll update on the job after I know where we'll be living...

Such a headache right now.