Thursday, August 14, 2003

Drugs

Hmmm... do American doctors over-prescribe drugs? Duh, of course they do. At least, some of them do.

My poor friend KB ended up so medication saturated our senior year of college that she barely knew which way was up. Her stupid shrink had her on not only anti-depressants, but anti-psychotics. Hello? WTF? And do you know how bad and chemically anti-psychotics make you smell? FUN-KY. Funkyass bad, that's how. Not that I would have wanted her totally off drugs either. As it was we were having to hide all the knives and we never let her drink out of a breakable glass after the incident with the bottle. Oy.

But for most people, drugs are not the end all solution. Just a stepping stone out of the dungeon, to be used until they get back in the sunlight, so to speak. I know Wellbutrin usually takes 3-4 weeks to fully kick in, but I'm already starting to feel like I have my brain back. Kind of like walking outside after working indoors all morning and realizing how dim your building really is...

Anyway - I have homework that I've procrastinated. Shocking, I know.

No comments: