Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Uh, yup

I started yesterday at my new school with my new cooperating teacher. It's the last week of the quarter, so there's not much going on until next week. I won't start teaching again until then.

It's an interesting switch. Last woman I worked with was a native speaker, this one was an English teacher who got co-opted into teaching French because they didn't have anyone else to do it. She knows the language from college, but she's in her 50's now and has never been to France before, so she doesn't speak it as well. It's kind of nice because I feel like I have something to offer for a change.

When the vice-principal took me down to meet her, she explained that I had been working with this other teacher at the other school, and my new teacher just threw up her hands and said, "Say no more. I've heard all about her." She was surprised that Madame let me in at all. I guess she has a history of rejecting potential student teachers... So I guess I should feel good about the fact that I was acceptable at all.

Anywho... I'm off to meet with the new teacher again today to figure out what my schedule will be with her.

*fingers crossed* (but I do have a good feeling about it.)

No comments: