Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I am irked

# of times I have been polite or accommodating when I really wanted to scream in the lst two weeks: *insert obscenely high number here*

# of times I have actually gotten something that I wanted in the last week: Um, less than five but more than two.

When I call to see if you want to go out to dinner at your favorite restaurant, the wrong answer is: "It's Wednesday. It's frisbee night."

Especially when the excuse of "I need exercise" has worn a little thin considering the whole "been training for a marathon" thing, eh?

So I put it to you, (all my five readers). When you have seen precious little of your live-in girlfriend for the last three weeks and she calls to see if you're coming home and if you would like to go out for dinner, does "It's Wednesday. It's frisbee night." translate as "I want to sleep on the couch tonight-With no blankets-And no pillows-And I never want to have my girlfriend ever do nice, friendly things to my naked body ever, ever again" or is that just my imagination?

Especially when you said as she left that morning, "I slept really well," and she answers, "I, sadly, did not at all." And when you know that she's not a morning person, and yet has gotten up at 6:30am or earlier for 8 out of the last nine days? And that she has been sick for the last five days? And...and... well, you get the idea.

So, hypothetically, what do you think?

No comments: