Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Weather is here, wish you were beautiful?

Our newlyweds came in yesterday. Didn't bother to call to let us know when they would be in, of course. Nor to let us know about dinner plans. Or anything like that. No. Jay finally called them, only to find out that they were on Main Street. Uh, yeah, that's a five minute drive from our place.

Not that I should complain. I shut myself up in the computer room and did 3 hours worth of work for school. I now have a teacher website and a membership at DiscoveryWeb for online quizzes and puzzle generation. So exciting.

The headcold has receded, so now I'm only bitter about being perpetually broke despite the fact that I'm working harder for more hours than I ever have before. Yeah, funny how that should be troublesome.

But now I have a two day break from the classroom (and really a 4 day break including the weekend...) to go to a district conference for new teachers. So hopefully I will get some good information at the conference and will figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with my reading classes. The French classes, I can figure out on my own. I'm just stumbling a little with classroom management in the one section because there are so many talky-talky spastic kids all in the first section. The second section is my dream class. But that first class... oy.

No comments: