Sunday, September 26, 2004

Motherfucker

Alright, okay, sorry if I offend you with my cursing. But honestly, better you than my students, right?

I got up for work today at 5:30am. Drove 45 minutes up to Park City. Was 2 minutes early. Turns out, my schedule was changed and I'm not working Sunday mornings anymore, I'm working Sunday nights. WHICH I told Douglas (aka: the worst manager I know) I couldn't do because of school. I simply cannot work until 11pm, get home at midnight, and then get up at 6am the next morning and go to school. My body and mind catagorically refuse.

That said, I will be going back this evening because by not going I will only be screwing over my coworker who doesn't deserve to be screwed again. BUT, I will be tendering my resignation at the same time. Tonight will be my last shift. What that means is that I won't work the last 5 shifts I was scheduled for before the hotel closes October 17th. Financially, that only means about $225 in take home pay. Considering the cost of gas and the time committment required, it hardly seems worth it anyway. So fuck it.

Speaking of being screwed over... I also got the revised health insurance form from the school district. Turns out, as a .67 Full Time Employee (FTE), my monthly contribution comes to $103. WTF?!?! If I were a full time employee (aka: I taught 6 classes instead of 4) my monthly contribution would be $14. Someone 'splain that to me? I have a personal insurance plan right now that is almost identical to the one I would be getting through work and I pay $72/month. Hmmm. Which should I keep, I wonder? Fuckers.

To end on a non-bitter note... I put up some new pictures from the wedding, the garden, and the recent visit. You can view them here.

No comments: