Thursday, September 09, 2004

On music

Last night we went to the Dave Matthews Band concert with our visiting Newlywed friends. God bless 'em. So, considering that I have to get up around 6am every weekday morning in order to be showered, dressed, and at school by 7:15, I wasn't psyched about the whole idea of a wednesday concert. Add to that the fact that I've always considered DMB to be background music; it was an outdoor concert so everyone was smoking; it was DMB so not everyone who was smoking was smoking legal plant matter; I'm very sensitive to pot smoke; our seats were not that great (way off to the side); and the happy duo are about as lively as two wet blankets.... Well, all I could think at the end of the night was "I could have been sleeping."

Yes, this makes me a horrible ingrate, but there you have it. Jay and I had fun for the first two and a half hours--because we are all about fun--but the last hour finished me off. Today my eyes are burning, my throat is sore, and I'm exhausted.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm writing this at work? Yep. I'll be here until 11pm - should get home by midnight if all goes well. Thank god tomorrow is Friday.

No comments: