Saturday, October 02, 2004

Writing and Painting and Reading, Oh My!

This whole "not working on the weekends" thing is really nice. I had forgotten how nice. Yesterday I didn't leave the house, because I truly needed a day to veg out and putter around.

I revised two chapters of Retribution and finished a critique for a member of Silver Griffin crit circle that was long overdue. I also reregistered for NaNo and posted a few things there after donating my $25 to keep the show on the road, so to speak.

THEN, I painted another shelf of the bookcase I've been working on for months (added more shrubberies and a man playing frisbee with a dog) and finished the right side panel with a field of grass and wildflowers. Just two more shelves to go and then I will post pictures. My next project with be something small and quickly finshable: napkin rings.

I also got to catch up with all the blogs I read AND the newspapers and magazines in the house, as well as a few more chapters of the Diana Gabaldon book I'm reading (just reread Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, and Voyager. Now working on Drums of Autumn). One of my students recommended Greenrider but I can't remember the author's name. I suspect that will be the next item of fiction for me.

Today, I'll be going hiking with Jay as soon as he gets home. We bargained up/down for an 8 mile hike today... we'll see if it doesn't turn out to be more like 6. (I hope.)

No comments: