Tuesday, October 08, 2002

CAR ALARMS: EVIL AND WRONG. Especially when the car in question is parked directly outside my bedroom window so that not only do I get the loud blaring honking, but I also get the lights flashing through my blinds. FABulous. What's worse? This is the third night in a row. The blaring this morning began at 4:48am and continued three minutes at a time for the next hour or so. I could have dealt with it, except that the intervals of sound were completely sporadic. Like aural chinese water torture. 4:48 to 4:51 Honking. 4:51 to 4:58 no Honking. 4:58 to 5:01 Honking. 5:01 to 5:11 no Honking. 5:11 to 5:14 Honking. 5:14 to 5:15 no Honking, BUT 5:15 to 5:18 Honking again. You get the idea. Why, you ask, did the imp not go bash this individual's car into smithereens? I believe in warnings, that's why. So I left a very nice note and reported the problem to the apartment managers. Naturally, if that doesn't work, the imp and I shall resort to more... intense... measures.

No comments: