Friday, October 11, 2002

Interesting evening. I went to the orientation for the teacher certification program just to see what it was all about. Somehow, I have just signed myself up for a MAED/TED-S program. Translation: Masters of Arts and Education with a teacher's certification in secondary education. I wanted to get certified to teach English, but I don't have the undergrad credits to back that up, despite the fact that I can read and write circles around just about everyone I know. (At least the people I know in "real life". The onliners at the writer's site -- which I will link to when I figure out how to do spiffy things like that -- are pretty darn impressive.) Did I just say darn? I have been in Utah WAY too long. So it looks like I can probably get an endorsement to teach French at the secondary level with only minimal additional classwork in the subject.

Needless to say, I'm am scared out of my mind, yet totally psyched about this new thing in my life -- maybe I'm weird, but I love change. Or should that be Change - capital "C"? And having resigned myself to living in Utah for another THREE YEARS, I am in desperate need of change on a smaller scale. Not that getting a Master's degree in 18 months is truly smaller scale. In fact, I'd say it's pretty big. Okay okay, I'm babbling. I'm excited and terrified. ohmigodohmigodohmigod.

Also needless to say, I've gotten no writing done today. In the near future though, I will also be writing things like 3 to 5 page papers on educational subjects. I hope I can keep my word count down. heh heh.

More updates to follow. (BIG HUGE SHELLSHOCKED GRIN)


No comments: